Before Carpet Installation
Having a firm grasp on what to expect before, during, and after your carpet installation can help make installation day go a lot more smoothly.
Here's what you can expect before your installation:
- Before installation, you will complete a final walkthrough with a member of our team. This will serve as a good opportunity for you to ask questions, discuss goals, and assess a possible timetable.
- Our team will help move furniture and complete any prep work as a part of our full-service floor offerings. This also includes removing and disposing of old floors, repairing subfloors as needed, leveling surfaces, working on transitions, installing new moldings, etc.
- On installation day itself, we ask that pets and children vacate the premises for their safety and ours.
- From there, we will begin your carpet installation.
During Carpet Installation
On installation day, our crew will begin by assessing the subflooring and answering any final questions before launching into the installation.
First, the crew will lay the underpad before also laying down the carpet. Then they will match up the carpet seams before stretching and attaching the carpet to the floor. How long this takes will depend on the size of the crew, the number of rooms in question, and a variety of other factors. But be assured that our crew is among the most knowledgeable in the industry, and the job will be done quickly and accurately.
Once finished, you are free to enjoy your carpet flooring. While we recycle your old flooring.
After installation tips:
- Assess the job with our crew, asking any questions that you might have.
- We will complete a full clean-up of the job site and return the furniture to its original spot. We will leave no trace of the work done, with the exception of your beautiful new flooring.
- We recycle your old carpet for you.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells that might come from glue or other materials.
- Stay off your floors for 24 hours.
- Enjoy your new carpet floors and stay in touch with your favorite flooring professionals at I Luv My Floors.
I Luv My Floors has partnered with "Carpet America Recovery Effort" (CARE). We believe it is our duty to promote sustainability and eco-friendly business practices day in and day out.