Before Laminate Flooring Installation
Having a firm grasp on what to expect before, during, and after your laminate installation can help make installation day go a lot more smoothly.
Here's what you can expect before your installation:
- Before installation, you will complete a final walkthrough with a member of our team. This will serve as a good opportunity for you to ask questions, discuss goals, and assess a possible timetable.
- Our team will help move furniture and complete any prep work as a part of our full-service floor offerings. This also includes removing and disposing of old floors, repairing subfloors as needed, leveling surfaces, working on transitions, installing new moldings, etc.
- On installation day itself, we ask that pets and children vacate the premises for their safety and ours.
- From there, we will begin your laminate installation.
During Laminate Installation
Laminate installation is best left up to the professionals, and that's where we can help! The laminate may need time to acclimate to the temperature of the room, so our crew will handle that first.
The next step is laying the planks. It could be by way of an interlocking system, "a floating floor," or may require an adhesive. Each method has its own pros and cons, timetables, etc. Planks may need to be cut or trimmed to match the shape of the room.
Once finished, our crew will complete any finishing touches.
After Laminate Installation
After installation tips:
- Assess the job with our crew, asking any questions that you might have.
We will complete a full clean-up of the job site and return the furniture to its original spot. We will leave no trace of the work done, with the exception of your beautiful new flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells that might come from glue or other materials.
- Stay off your floors for 24 hours.
Enjoy your new laminate floors and stay in touch with your favorite flooring professionals at I Luv My Floors.
I Luv My Floors has partnered with "Carpet America Recovery Effort" (CARE). We believe it is our duty to promote sustainability and eco-friendly business practices day in and day out.