Before Tile Installation
Having a firm grasp on what to expect before, during, and after your tile installation can help make installation day go a lot more smoothly.
Here's what you can expect before your installation:
- Before installation, you will complete a final walkthrough with a member of our team. This will serve as a good opportunity for you to ask questions, discuss goals, and assess a possible timetable.
- Our team will help move furniture and complete any prep work as a part of our full-service floor offerings. This also includes removing and disposing of old floors, repairing subfloors as needed, working on transitions, installing new moldings, etc.
- On installation day itself, we ask that pets and children vacate the premises for their safety and ours.
- From there, we will begin your tile installation.
During Tile Installation
Tile flooring requires industry know-how! I Luv My Floors can help.
How tile is installed can vary depending on a number of factors, including the materials selected, the size of the room, the desired design look, and so on. But a rough estimate of your tile installation will involve your crew mixing the mortar and applying it directly to the floor using a trowel. From there the tile will be laid down on the mortar, ensuring there is cohesion between the two. The crew will then work on grouting with pre sealed grout, and the clean-up.
We also offer click flooring, which is a great alternative that uses no glue or nails.
After Tile Installation
After installation tips:
- Assess the job with our crew, asking any questions that you might have.
- We will complete a full clean-up of the job site and return the furniture to its original spot. We will leave no trace of the work done, with the exception of your beautiful new flooring.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells that might come from glue or other materials.
- Stay off your floors for 24 hours.
- Enjoy your new tile floors and stay in touch with your favorite flooring professionals at I Luv My Floors.
I Luv My Floors has partnered with "Carpet America Recovery Effort" (CARE). We believe it is our duty to promote sustainability and eco-friendly business practices day in and day out.